Tuesday 22 March 2011

In the beginning......

A long-standing fondness for Walden and its descriptions of the simple pleasures of kneading bread led me to De Agricultura.  Several sacrificial buns later, I was hooked and there began my mild obsession with bread-making.  Then The Real Bread Campaign started this initiative, and having convinced my long-suffering parents to donate a corner of their front lawn, this project began.
So last weekend, roughly coinciding with the equinox as it happens (no trees were hugged during this undertaking), I planted what I hope to be some spring wheat.  Well I say I did it, I had more than a little help: they say manual labour is hard to find these days and they're not wrong, I had to make do with this passing PhD:


Anyway the dibbing went rather well and the rest of the family is now on pidgeon-watch all that remains to be seen is will it grow......

No comments:

Post a Comment